TEAM COMCAST COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
Team Comcast is a nationally recognized program that prides itself on the development of its players and the success of its teams.
Our organization prides itself on total player development – both on and off the ice, while maximizing exposure for our players to higher levels of hockey. While accomplishing these goals, we have helped our players to succeed in following their dreams to play Division I, III, and ACHA college hockey. Just in the last few years, Team Comcast has seen 46 of its players commit to division one college hockey programs.
Why our program is so successful
- Maximizing the amount of On-Ice Practices. Most teams will practice three days per week, with two full-ice and one shared-ice practice – more than 70 in-season practices in total. Teams also have unlimited Spring & Summer ice for all teams
- Highly qualified coaching staff on the ice for all practices. In addition to many years experience at the youth level, many of our coaches also have experience coaching and/or playing at the NHL, Division I & III collegiate, Prep School and Junior Hockey levels. Our coaches have the proper perspective required to develop elite hockey players and solid citizens
- Power skating sessions conducted weekly with Philadelphia Flyers Skating Coach Slava Kouznetsov
- Four-Day Pre-Season Training Camp in August
- 50 Off-Ice Speed, Strength and Agility Training Sessions including professional off-ice conditioning instruction provided by Endeavor Sports Performance twice per week during the season
- Rapid Shot Shooting Accuracy Training Program - All Team Comcast players will receive 2.5 hours of time on the Rapid Shot machine located at our home facility in Pennsauken
- Concussion Management Program - Exclusive partnership with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia provides awareness, education and testing for families and coaches. This includes pre-season baseline neurocognitive testing for all players ages 11 and older. This program was created in an effort to optimally manage concussions during the season in a proactive manner, to keep our kids as safe as possible
Recognition and Exposure
Due to the success of Team Comcast’s program, its teams, and its players; we continue to draw numerous junior and collegiate level scouts searching for the next wave of talent. On top of this, we work with each of our teams to determine the most strategic approach to exposure for their age group. Our staff continues to seek out the most challenging and competitive events at each birth year for every team. This enables our players to not only develop their skills in a proven system, but a chance to showcase their abilities on a consistent basis throughout the season.